Earlier today, I served as the “young woman’s voice” in a panel of local experts at a Girl Scouts speaking event. One question for the panel was something to the effect of, "Should parents read their daughter’s texts or…
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 92 Truths about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
Tagged by: pumpkinqueenmadness
WHAT WAS YOUR:
1. last beverage // Water
2. last phone call // straight best friend
3. last text message // Summer
4. last song you listened to // Breath of Life by Florence and the Machine
5. last time you cried // maybe a week ago or so?
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. dated someone twice // no
7. been cheated on // nah
8. kissed someone & regretted it // no
9. lost someone special // in the long run they weren’t special if they left
10. been depressed // lol like the first nineteen years of my life
11. been drunk and threw up // nope
12-14. THREE FAVOURITE COLOURS: Violet, pastel pink, and red
IN THE LAST YEAR, HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend // yes?
16. Fallen out of love // nah
17. Laughed until you cried // nope
18. Met someone who changed you // i think so? last year’s a blur.
19. Found out who your true friends are // yes
20. Found out someone was talking about you // haha nah no1 care
21. Kissed anyone you follow/follows you // No
22. How many people do you know in real life that you follow/follows you on tumblr // 1 and that’s my sister.
24. Do you have any pets // 2 asshole dogs
25. Do you want to change your name // I did? but not officially?
26. What did you do for your last birthday // Drank
27. What time did you wake up today // 8:58 am
28. What were you doing at midnight last night // Eating
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for // my life to begin?
30. Last time you saw your Mother // about fifteen minutes ago
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life // the easier question is what wouldn’t I change.
32. What are you listening to right now // my dogs barking at the pizza guy
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom? // probably?
34. What’s getting on your nerves right now // the looming doom of a phone call with my grandmother
35. Most visited webpage // tumblr
36. Blood type // A?
37. Nickname // Kitty, Kits, Kitty Cat, Kitten
38. Relationship Status // all bi myself
39. Zodiac sign // libra
40. Pronouns // She, her
41. Elementary // Don’t Remember
42. High School // Hell
43. College // boring
44. Hair color // some weird brown-red hybrid
45. Long or short // long
46. Height // 5’2”
47. Do you have a crush on someone? // nope
48. What do you like about yourself? // my analytical mind
50. Tattoos // 0 :(
51. Righty or lefty // Righty
52. First Surgery // a very strange tooth procedure
53. First piercing // Ears
54. First best friend // I think her name was Tiffany
55. First sport you joined // dance? I’ve never been into sports
56. First vacation // Disney World
58. First pair of trainers // what does this even mean?
59. Eating // no
60. Drinking // nothing
61. I’m about to // do a whole lot of nothing
62. Listening to // nothin
63. Waiting for // an official statement
64. Want kids? // maybe
65. Get Married? Nah
66. Career? // Undecided.
WHICH IS BETTER:
67. Lips or eyes // lips
68. Hugs or kisses // hugs
69. Shorter or taller // Taller
70. Older or Younger // older
71. Romantic or spontaneous // idk to me they kinda go hand and hand
72. Nice stomach or nice arms // stomach
73. Sensitive or loud // god neither.
74. Hook-up or relationship // depends on the day
75. Trouble maker or hesitant // no
HAVE YOU EVER:
76. Kissed a stranger // no
77. Drank hard liquor // most likely no
78. Lost glasses/contacts // yes
79. Sex on first date // no
80. Broke someone’s heart // don’t think so
81. Had your own heart broken // yes
82. Been arrested // nope
83. Turned someone down // yes
84. Cried when someone died // yes
85. Fallen for a friend // yes
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
86. Yourself // kind of?
87. Miracles // No.
88. Love at first sight // no
89. Heaven // i hope not
90. Santa Claus // no
91. Kiss on the first date // why not?
92. Angels // I’m not sure?
Tagging: anyone else who wants to do it. I think all my mutuals have done it?
*opens up the character creator screen*
*a baby floats from heaven, landing in a field of flowers*
*a few stars explode*
Below are some super useful videos and links I found for your next cosplay or upcoming halloween costume!!!!
Cosplay makeup tutorials:
All of these are youtube tutorials please enjoy! I will be making alot more of these in the future c:
School has started or will very soon so what would be better to do than to gather some great resources for a better school year?
- Evernote - keep your research at one place
- Khan Academy - over 4,200 educational videos
- Mathaway - helps you solve almost every math problem
- Cliffnotes - read and prep for school work
- Studious - great way to keep track of schedule
- iFormulas - references for mathematical formulas
- Pocket - save studies and articles much easier
- Science glossary - for those hard science words
- Studyblue - online flashcards for your next test
- Any.do - daily planner
- Dropbox - don’t rely on your computer alone, make sure your notes and papers are safely uploaded online, just in case.
- Feed.ly - gather all your fav websites for research or whatever in one place - I love this myself!
- Scribd - online library
- Self Control - we all know self control during work or school isn’t always around
- TED - lots of good presentation by interesting people
- Chegg - don’t have all the money for new text books? Chegg lets you rent many text books for much less than it costs to buy
- Duolingo - learning a new language? Then I’ll recommend this one
- Mint.com - make sure you’ve got your money straight
- Alarmy - hard to get up in the morning? Well, this alarm makes you take a picture of your sink to turn it off!
- Sworkit - don’t forget that exercise will make it easier to concentrate!
Don’t forget to look at my 27 websites for a new year - where you can find lots of other resources for health, fitness, school/work and div when starting a new year(school year too)
I’ve also got a post called 53 posts for students which contains nutrition and fitness posts especially for students!
- read A Game of Thrones+the rest of asoiaf and just quit the show while you’re at it; I’ll send you the PDF ;)
- look up what kind of adapter you need to connect your laptop to that new TV (although your google search might have to be a bit more specific than “something”)
- start a new TV show!!! or three. or eight.
- find easy recipes to cook
- or hard ones. idk dream big
- read some scary stories! let me know how they are I haven’t had time to read any yet but they’re on my list lol
- personality testsss wait these look like fun I’ll probably check ‘em out after I’m caught up with Teen Wolf
- simulate nature because that’s your fave right
The food you eat or brush you’re using may have been made by a worker earning less than a dollar an hour — not in the developing world, but in the invisible workforce inside America’s prisons. Share this if you oppose prison labor for profit.
When I was in prison I worked 3 shifts a day, 5 days a week, starting at 5 AM and ending at 8 PM. I was paid $5.25 a month. Pay for the inmates who facilitate UNICOR workers (by making their food, washing their laundry, etc,) is even lower than the wages cited in the above graphics. The prison industry is also a slave industry, and it isn’t just corporations who benefit. All the furniture you see in federal buildings, post offices, DMVs, etc, where do you think it comes from? Prison labor. I think a lot of people know about states that use prison labor for license plates, but fewer people know that the plaques on doors at city halls, and sometimes the doors themselves, come from prison labor. The incarcerated are a hyper-exploited class unto themselves, and almost no one seems to be helping them to organize.
IT GENUINELY IS NO COINCIDENCE THAT BLACK PEOPLE GET IMPRISONED WAY THE HELL MORE THAN WHITE PEOPLE. THIS IS HOW SLAVERY CARRIED THE FUCK ON.
For-profit prisons are a huge business and this is part of why.
Also, did you know that it’s in the Constitution that people convicted of crimes can be used as slave labor? That’s another part of the Constitution that needs to be changed.
If you changed that part of the constitution you’re essentially removing a strong leg of the prison industrial complex